Sunday 7 December 2014

Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish Spray | Oily Skin Formula [Review]



A couple of months ago I was introduced to Skindinavia by one of my blog readers [who also happens to be an old acquaintance]. Not only that - but she was also kind enough to send me one of her own [new] fixing sprays. Now these fixers don't run cheap so it was a very nice gesture. Thanks [you know who you are]!

The one I have is the Oily Skin Formula [you can also get a primer spray, and also different versions such as a bridal formula].




It is oil-free, lightweight, hypoallergenic, contains no parabens - i.e. you won't get no breakouts with this [or clogged pores for that matter]

How does it work?

It works by cooling the skin down.

Our normal skin temperature is 32 degrees celcius [90 degrees] - which causes our skin to quickly loose moisture [and you'll get oiliness, dry makeup and colour loss]. 

Now, Skindinavia state that their spray works like a sort of web which is slowly released over 16 hours. This means that your face will retain moisture for a longer period, which also means that you will need less touchups! And less shine too! And you'll get up to 16 hours of perfect looking makeup.

The one I have can be applied before and after makeup [I sometimes just use it before like a sort of primer but beware if you have dry skin I would suggest that you use this after you apply your makeup]

To use you shake the bottle really well and spray in an X or T formation. 

It dries really quickly [so you won't get that caked up feel on your face] and you get a sort of an in between matte and dewy look  [certainly natural looking]




This, my dear readers, is the BEST fixing spray I have ever used. 

My face stays completely matte, and my makeup looks fresh throughout the day. Impressive.

I have never ever used a product which controls my shiny t-zone as well as this one. And I'm not kidding.

You have to try this one out [really handy when you live in a really hot and humid country!]

It is quite pricey [$29 exc shipping - and I think I paid about $10 shipping - you see I love this so much that I bought one for my friend as a birthday gift] but it is seriously worth every last cent. My friend loves it as much as I do!

They've also revamped their packaging - the smaller ones are the newer bottles.

Of course I have never worn makeup for 16 hours straight so I can't vouch for the 16 hour promise, but what I do know is that this keep the shiny-ness at bay. 

This Skindinavia makeup spray is magical. Thoroughly impressive. Wow. 

Will keep on re-purchasing this for sure. 
P.s. When I sometimes forget to spray this [when I'm in a rush] I get panic attacks.

Let me know if you try it out! OR which is your holy grail of fixing sprays.

Love
Lola
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. It s really looks like a great product.
    Thank you for this review.
    Nice to discver new brands via your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award -
    the http://theteenytinytoutfaire.blogspot.it/2014/12/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=